RFP Posted: December 17th, 2019
Responses Due: Proposals will be accepted on a rolling basis and those submitted by January 3rd.
Submit proposals online here: email@example.com with subject “Digital Organizing Pilot Training Support”
Send any questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Completion by June 2020.
Up to $50,000
The Alliance for Youth Organizing —a youth-driven social justice-loving national non-profit — is looking to scale up its digital organizing capabilities heading into the 2020 election cycle and beyond. We are looking to:
- Develop a training course or series of trainings to train key affiliate staff in how to develop and execute digital organizing strategies and tactics.
- Provide post-training and support for training attendees and affiliates.
DIGITAL ORGANIZING PROGRAM GOALS
While each of our Affiliates target different geographies and have differing issue and electoral aims, they have each worked to make politics more approachable and inclusive for young people. The overall goal of this project is to better integrate digital organizing into their overall work.
This work should reflect the individual voices and values of each organization and take into account existing local landscapes, limited and at times unpredictable budget and staff capacities, and initial hesitancy surrounding digital organizing effectiveness.
The Alliance is focused on engaging with young voters in the 18-34 year-old age range but frequently engages high-school age young people and heavily focuses on the 18-24 age subset. Alliance Affiliates engage young people where they are, whether in the community or in school.
The Alliance for Youth Action is a network of independent and locally youth-led c3/c4 social justice organizations who are primarily focused on harnessing and expanding the power of young people.
Each of our Affiliates engages in sustained movement building and organizing by registering young voters, conducting leadership development trainings and fellowships, and engaging in local, state and federal issues important to young people. While the Affiliates excel at a number of organizing tactics, digital organizing has not been at the forefront of the Affiliate’s organizing programs.
The goal of this “digital organizing pilot” project is to lay the groundwork for a scalable and sustainable integration of digital organizing into Affiliate programming.
We envision this training to provide a baseline of knowledge to each of our affiliates and the coaching to provide more targeted support. Ahead of the training element of the pilot, we will be conducting a “digital audit” of each affiliate. We envision this audit providing opportunities for the trainings to address. Following the training(s), we will provide digital ad money to affiliates to conduct small digital campaigns.
SCOPE OF WORK
We are looking for a team to:
- Work with the Alliance and our Affiliates to design and execute a digital organizing training(s) program for key staff.
- This training should include a fundamentals training component as well as a more tailored training that addresses opportunities uncovered in the digital organizing audit.
- Provide an on-going coaching structure post-training that allows for a set number of one on one digital organizing coaching to attendees.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR EXPERTISE IN:
- Designing and conducting digital focused trainings for progressive audiences.
- Coaching and remote digital training experience.
- Working with organizations on building compelling and effective digital organizing programs and campaigns from scratch.
- Experience in developing digital plans with long-term budget constraints;
- Experience working with organizations who do not have full time committed digital or communications staff.
- Familiarity with voter engagement, elections, and campaigns preferred.
- Experience with digital campaigns that build-off and link to existing on the ground organizing work.
We are especially excited to collaborate with people and teams who share our values for inclusive, social justice work and those who have experience working with nonprofits and/or folks with limited technical capacities.
- A rough outline of a proposed training structure – we are open to in-person, webinar and hybrid models;
- An outline of a coaching structure that allows for one on one support to past attendees for a set period after the training program is completed
Phase 1: Feb- April 2020
- Kick off meeting(s) with Alliance/network partners to identify goals, needs, feedback, technical considerations, project process, etc.
- Propose training structure to address what is discovered in kick off meeting(s)
- Develop training curriculum
- Conduct training(s)
Phase 2:April to June 2020
- Provide one on one coaching for Affiliates for a period of 3 months post training
As listed in the summary, we have budgeted up to $50,000 for this project. While we prefer the most cost-effective solution, all proposals that fall reasonably near this range will be considered and weighed based on their merits.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Overview of your practice (organization, company, independent work, etc.), including a brief introduction to you/your team.
- Overview of how you would approach addressing the needs outlined in this RFP.
- Proposed budget for each phase of this project
- Portfolio of at least 3-5 examples of similar projects/case studies that demonstrate your digital organizing expertise in political and issue-based settings.